Pages

Thursday 28 November 2013

An introduction, again.

Dear Internet,

My name's Alexandra and I'm this year's wmgo (women's and marginalised gender's officer) at Royal Holloway, University of London (UK).

The position is a new one and I am event newer (shiny, even). I took over this post several weeks ago from Victoria, who unfortunately had to step down for personal reasons, lack of time mainly (this happens a lot at university - it's almost like we're here to get degrees, too). It's not like I've got free time to give away, really - I'm currently doing my PhD and am also on a society committee (FemSoc, natch).

As far as I know, I am free to be as creative as I like with my activities this year. There are some solidly defined responsibilities - my role is one of the four liberation officer roles, which means I am mandated to sit on the executive committee, attend general meetings, and hold fora for my caucus. Other than that, though - woo! Organise all the things!

I'm in the process of putting together a long post on what I've gotten up to so far (which isn't as much as I would like), but in the mean time, I leave you with the logo for the wmg network (wmgn). If you've been one of the three people to read this post, hello! Lovely to meet you.